Scones are super quick to make and can be enjoyed for breakfast, or with a cup of tea or coffee as a midday snack.
Prep time: 12 minutes
Baking time: 10-12 minutes
Makes: 8 scones
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons butter (50g)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup dates, pitted, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Good Goat Milk - reconstitute 1/2 scoop of powder into half a cup of cold water. Set 2 tablespoons aside to brush on top of scones before baking.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Sift flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add brown sugar to the bowl. Using a pastry cutter or fork thoroughly cut butter into flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the dates, then make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Pour the sour cream and milk into the well, then using a dinner knife, mix together lightly to just combine.
- Knead briefly to bring the mixture together into a soft dough.
- Press the dough into a 3cm thick circle on your lined baking tray, then use a dinner knife to cut the circle into 8 pizza triangles. Space the triangles apart on the tray.
- Brush tops with milk to glaze.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Cut in half and top with butter or cream, and jam.